SYMPTOMS IN ADULTS
The following are the three main symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) in adults. If you have any one of these symptoms, consider yourself be infected by:
- High temperature – you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- New & Continuous cough – coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- Loss/change of your sense of smell or taste – you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to usual
SYMPTOMS IN CHILDREN
The main symptoms of COVID-19 in children are similar to adults although children are less likely get the infection, compared to adults and they get less severe disease:
- high temperature
- new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot, for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours
- loss or change to sense of smell or taste – this means they cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
What to do if I have COVID-19 symptoms?
If you have symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19), please:
- Self isolate: Stay at home and make sure other household members do the same. More information can be found here.
- Get tested: Organise a PCR test (one that requires sending to laboratory for testing) for coronavirus. Click here to do this or call 119.